City and Regional Food Systems
Planning and Design for Equity, Justice, and Power
Open Call for Submissions for a Special Issue of the Built Environment Journal
We are excited to announce that the journal Built Environment will be publishing a special issue on food systems planning. The special issue will address, “how the growing engagement of the planning and design disciplines within city and regional food systems subverts, reinforces, or exacerbates inequities and injustices”. Guest editors Samina Raja and Kevin Morgan invite submissions from scholars from across the Global South and Global North to submit articles that focus on food systems at varying scales and address:
- Concerns about inequities and injustices, including food, health, social, and economic inequities
- The interplay between city and regional food systems and the built environment
- Systemic and spatial exploration of city and regional food systems
- Concerns about those most marginalized stakeholders in the food system, including low-income populations, people of color, marginalized workers in the food system, and/or refugees and migrants
- Ideas for change, including planning, policy, and design solutions
A Best Paper Prize will be awarded for an early career scholar who submits an accepted paper.
Authors are invited to submit an abstract by November 14. For more details on the special issue, please review the full announcement.
Questions about content of the special issue should be directed to Samina Raja at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the submission process should be directed to Enjoli Hall at email@example.com.