Growing Food Connections will be hosting breakfast event at the 2016 American Collegiate Schools of Planning Conference on November 4th in Portland Oregon. Please see the announcement below from the event organizers for more details about the opportunity.
You’re Invited to Food Systems Planning Scholars and Students’ Breakfast Gathering at the 2016 ACSP Conference in Portland, OR
We have a robust and growing group of scholars who think & research about food. Scholarship and research on food ranges from issues like food access, urban/rural agriculture, to issues of equity, justice and democracy in the food system. At the past two ACSP conferences, we got together for a formal workshop (Philadelphia) and an informal mingling (Houston). This year in Portland, we invite you to breakfast event, where we’ll talk about elevating food systems planning within ACSP.
- Launch a Food Specialty Group (like FWIG or POCIG), including clarifying our mission
- Re-launch a Food Research Group, in partnership with American Planning Association’s’ Food Interest Group
- Catch up with old “foodie” friends and make new ones
- Connect to people with similar research and teaching interests
- Nurture a “new wave” of food systems scholars
Walking directions from Hilton Portland & Executive Tower to Smith Memorial Student Union:
|VIEW IN GOOGLE MAPS|